Lazy Boy Sopas- Instant Meal For The Kitchen Monkeys

Alright, this isn't really a creation of someone who is lazy. It just so happened that you can cook this when you're feeling particularly lazy and something to leave in the pot for 15 minutes.

One time, I got royally fucked for the day and had fallen ill. I wasn't able to concentrate on anything and even get up from the couch to rest my head. Dutiful boyfriend was like, "You don't have to make dinner, I'll make you some. What should I make?"

"Is it ok if we make sopas? I think it might help me feel better."

"Sure."

He then proceeded to dump macaroni into a pot of boiling water. "Do I drain this after it cooks or do I just add the vegetables?"

Panicked, I got up from the couch and thought of something to flavor the soup as my mom always sauteed onions, garlic, meat and vegetables to make her sopas. I remembered we have powdered cream soup in the pantry. I added it to the pot he was stirring plus some hotdogs, milk and frozen veggies in the fridge. Once the macaroni was cooked, that's it. Easy green peasie-- get it? Because there's green peas in it? Nevermind.

From then on, we make Lazy Boy Sopas whenever we can't think of anything to make for the day. Every bowl is so comforting and satisfying to have, and it lasts us the next day.



Ingredients:

1 pack Cream of Chicken Soup (you can use any other cream soup) P40.00
1 200g pack Frozen Mixed Vegetables P24.50
1 400g Elbow Macaroni (dried) P31.75
1 140ml Evaporada Milk P12.00
250g Hotdogs (Better if chicken hotdogs), sliced into smaller bits P38.00
11 cups water+1 cup to dilute the cream of chicken soup

makes 8 servings (P146.25; P18.30/ serving)

1. Add about 2.5 liters or 11 cups of water in a pot then put in the macaroni. You can also use unseasoned chicken stock for this or add 1 pc of broth cube (beef/pork/chicken).

2. Once the macaroni is half cooked (about 6-8 minutes into boiling), add your frozen veggies and hotdogs. Heck, for extra laziness just cut the hotdogs with your scissors as you add them into your pot.

3. Dilute the cream of chicken or other cream soup pack in 1 cup water. Pour into the pot and mix. Let it boil for a minute or so.

4. Add the can of milk and continue boiling until the macaroni is cooked. Or if it's still a bit chewy, you can turn off the heat and let the residual heat cook it until it's both cool enough to eat and the macaroni is tender.

Enjoy!

Comments